Sunday, June 18, 2006

Quit holding my hand...you're choking me!

As many people use different ways to communicate, it seems as many use their hands when talking. I am one of those people. In many cases it comes in handy, as it helps me get my point across, accentuate my illustrations, or adds detail to my stories. This could be dangerous though, one day I was at a gas station and I was using my earpiece while talking on my cellphone. I was quite angry over the subject that I was speaking about and my hand gestures reached across the gas station, through someone's window, and hit an unsuspecting stanger. I immediately apologized, with the aid on my hands of course. When working with someone who may not use their has hands in such a way, this may seem threatening, weird, or aggressive. This differs from people groups like things such as personal space, signs of affection, and body language. The other night when my wife and I were going to bed she was holding my hand while I was talking about my day. When I got to an exciting moment I told her, "Quit holding my hand, you're choking me!" To certain degree, I am being choked right now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home