Saturday, December 03, 2005

Representin'... Kind of

Last night my wife and I were shopping in Borders and she showed me Nicole Richie's new book. This wasn't something that caught my interest too much but I found the cover interesting.

Nicole is the daughter of R & B's, Dancing on the Ceiling, Lionel Richie. Now I often wondered then, "why does Nicole look so White if her father is Black?" After a little investigation I found some interesting facts about Nicole. First, she was adopted by Lionel Richie and then wife Brenda Harvey-Richie. Her godfather is Michael Jackson, her biological father is Peter Michael Escovedo, a former back up musician for Lionel, her tia is Sheila E, her abuelo is Pete Escovedo, a former percussionist for Carlos Santana, and lastly she is 1/2 White, 1/4 Black, and 1/4 Mexican. It sounds like she has been around some Black and/or Latino folks for most of her life. So now we come to the cover of her new book where she looks a little less white and looks like she has a little pigmentation. Whether it was the sun, a tanning bed, or some paint, you looking good girl. Now maybe a little carne asada, chorizo, birria, queso, and your set!

For more racial humor check this tv series on VH1:
http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/raceorama/episode_list.jhtml

These shows are based on the book, Ego Trip's book of Racism

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home