Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's All Hearsay

I've noticed that when we engage in conversations we often tell stories and dispense "facts" that are not always explored. For example a lot of people stopped liking Lauryn Hill when allegedly she said, "I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums." Then the was the rumor that the president of Procter and Gamble was donating portions of his profits to the church of Satan. Just today I had a friend say they've heard/noticed that people with anemia chew on ice. Now as much as I trusted our friend it just sounded strange and it was never substantiated where she heard it. So I am still wondering if this is true. This train of thought started a couple of weeks ago when reading "The Nation" magazine, a progressive/Liberal magazine. I read an interesting article regarding Bush and the media. I found it to be interesting and but wanted to make sure that there was reliable sources for the article. I would hate to start flapping my lips about the subject and not have proof. The interesting thing is that none of us fully explore everything we hear. What that means is that we reserve a certain level of trust in our friends and media we read/watch. For example, if I were tell you that at a Hooter's restaurant a manager promised his waitresses a Toyota automobile for whoever worked the hardest. Then, when presented her prize it ended up being a toy Yoda, what would you think? If you want to find out if this is true click here. Anywho, so next time when reading/hearing something make sure you check it out otherwise...it's all hearsay.

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Aaron C said...

Thats a really valid point Danny, I can always believe everything you say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home