Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Can I speak to your manager?


One of my pet peeves are when people who make a scene for no good reasons. Maybe I am an overtly patient person, but there are many things that a store manager is not needed for. The scenario is a common one, the wrong food is brought out, service has been a little slow, a new person is on the job, and/or food isn't up to par. Some people just feel that they need to give the cashier, waiter/waitress, and/or manager a piece of their mind. I feel that part of the reason is that some people are just jerky in how they handle things. I think the other part is our "the customer is always right" culture. People feel more important when they have someone they can boss around. I understand that there are things there are worth complaining about but I think these are few and far in between. I once heard "Complaining isn't a spiritual gift." So I say be patient, give working folks a chance, and let's show a little humility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home