Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Procrastinators of the world unite! Later. Or (Why I am always tired.)

I realized a little while ago that procrastination isn't just for the fun loving. I had this conversation with my friend and realized that because I am so busy and have such a full schedule, that my mind, body, spirit, has used procrastination as a tool to keep my sanity. For example, there has been a few nights where I have gone to sleep late. Not because I have been searching for the cure to some disease, but simply to watch TV for a few minutes or talk with my wife. Thus making me a better husband. Often I find myself getting into deep or interesting conversations with students/friends/coworkers and I find myself to be a better teacher/friend/coworker. We all say that this isn't enough time in a day and I think we all realize that if there were more hours in the day that we would fill them up doing something else to keep us busy. So as I continue to procrastinate as I have a million things to do as you do, take to time to smell the roses, talk to God, have a laugh, make out with your spouse, and remember I too am rubbing my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home