Sunday, October 08, 2006

I don't know

It has been said that "sometimes the question is more important than the answer." Where this came from, I don't know. Recently, I have found different situations where either I or others around me have had to respond to a question or two, "I don't know." The reason why I believe that a simple "I don't know" is important because it keeps a person honest. In Christian Evangelical culture, apologetics seem to be the hot thing in protecting the faith against the world. The problem is that in our day to day lives debating is fine but often you find yourself with a winner and a loser. In our lives there things that we are certain of but sometimes we don't know. Or sometimes we have to recognize that we were wrong. The problem with being wrong is "losing face" or honor and to be wrong is to be of point of humility. Maybe we need to be humbled every once in while to bring us back to earth so that we are reminded that we are living this human experience. At the point of humility is where Christ can really get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home